Friday, October 27, 2006

Health Promotion Human Development Conference

I had a confernce to go to today for my Dietetics major at school. It was an all day conference, with breakfast and lunch included. I thought from the beginning that eating there would be a problem. I ate breakfast before I got there, and good thing I did because they only had muffins there to eat. So, after our morning sessions, we had lunch. There were three different types of pasta, salad, and garlic bread. Guess what I ate? If you guessed salad, you guessed right. There was pasta with alfredo sauce, pasta with marinara sauce (with cheese on top :(), and a pasta with vegetables and a sauce that smelled like barbecue sauce. So, I ended up being hungry for the rest of the day because salad is not a sufficient lunch, especially when it only consists of lettuce and french dressing. I did not just leave it alone though. At the end of the day, we had to fill out comment cards, and in the suggestion area I wrote that they were severely lacking in the vegan food department. Such is the plight of the vegan. I would've thought that this conference being for the school of Health Promotion & Human Development, they would've had some healthy vegan options. I suppose that I guessed wrong. Maybe next year I'll ask what is going to be served.

1 comment:

Hippie Vegan said...

I was totally going to bring food along, but when I thought about it, I figured out that I didn't have anything portable to bring. :(